For people who lead 10 or more planning sessions per year…
“Have you ever heard of ‘Death by Planning Session?’ That’s when committees take 6 weeks to come up with a solution and 18 months later they’re still at it.”
The 7-step visual Compression Planning system helps leaders who feel like they are drowning in an ocean of quicksand due to all the useless, boring and unnecessary planning sessions and meetings they get trapped in. Take a 6-Minute, 24 Second Test Drive Of A “demonstration” Compression Planning Session. http://youtu.be/fJ0x9F_rtRI Using Compression Planning for Grant and Project Development Learn the same methodology that has helped the “platinum standard” Grant’s Department at Sinclair Community College, Dayton, OH:
- bring in an average of $2,500 per hour
- produce winning proposals 30% faster than their competition
- receive $130 million over the past 20 years in grant awards
- run an office that produces a $40 to $1 ROI
When writing and developing grants, do you often find yourself facing desperately short lead times because the opportunity is just too good to pass up? When writing a grant, the planning, strategy and definition of elements takes a considerable amount of time, and it’s these aspects that separate wildly successful grant applications from the rest. Compression Planning can give you the targeted, skillful training you need to move faster, deal with shorter deadlines, and completely address the processes and pressures of successful grant developing. Participants will:
- Learn how to efficiently elicit pertinent information and ideas from organizations (stakeholders, staff, faculty, etc.) prior to developing accurate, competitive proposals for them
- Learn how to use the storyboard system (developed by Walt Disney Studios) for your idea development, master planning, organizing and communications
- Get more of the right information faster in every meeting and interaction
- Help grant development teams recognize their progress so they are less likely to get tired or bogged down along the way
- Break large complex tasks into manageable chunks to head off feeling overwhelmed
Take everything you know about decision-making, and turn it upside-down. Planning that previously took weeks, months, or years can be dramatically compressed. CP increases meeting and planning productivity.
The Compression Planning Institute: Presented by Patrick McNellis & staff from the McNellis Compression Planning Institute.
Wednesday & Thursday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm; Friday from 8:00 am – 1:00 pm (lunch immediately following) Held at the LeCroy Center at Dallas County Community College $1,995 per person (*does not include lodging for out-of-town participants)